What is Firestop?
Commercial buildings call out for fire and smoke rated walls to stop the spread and limit the damage caused by a fire. Therefore, proper firestop ensures that these walls are sealed tight. According to fire code, contractors have to properly fill holes created by all construction trades on a fire rated wall.
CRS and Firestop
CRS’ teams come with ten years of work and training in proper firestop seals. We are identified as a Qualified Firestop Contractor by the UL Underwriters Laboratories which is a very rare certification. And our employees are both Hilti and STI trained. We pride ourselves on being a strong resource to owners and building partners. CRS provides the following services:
- Third Party Services: General contractors can separate firestop as a scope of work within their contract. CRS will work with the trades to seal off all holes before a project ends. Because of this, an owner knows that all firestopping is done right the first time!
- Survey and Track: We will walk every square foot of rated walls and document issues. This survey serves as a tool for owners. They can create a plan to repair issues with a budget and schedule. Common issues found in audits include
- unsealed open joints,
- blank open holes,
- unsealed pipe and duct holes,
- multiple products on one seal, or
- unsealed cable holes.
- Find and Fix: CRS is hired to find, track and repair firestop issues within an area. Once a project is complete, we provide the owner with a nice package that includes before and after photos of services.
“During the Platte County Memorial Hospital (Wheatland, WY) tJC Survey, the life safety engineer was impressed with the process/methodology that was used in the Fire Stopping process CRS uses. Thank you again for all the work you do and helping us to maintain a safe environment for our patients, staff, and hospitals.”Patrick C.